Scoreboard

Apr 11, 2011

Brendon Hayden Interview

I recently was able to ask a few questions to Brendon Hayden, a senior at Wilmot Union High School and Virginia Tech recruit. 
BAW:  Do you consider yourself a pitcher or position player first?

Brendon:  Well I like both pitching and playing a position and I work really hard at both to become the best all around player I can be. So I really can not decide between them.

BAW:  Did you feel any pressure being the only Wisconsin player at the area code games?

Brendon:  I did not feel any pressure for being the only one from Wisconsin to be selected to play at the Area Code Games. It was a real honor and something I will always remember being a part of.

BAW:  Do you have any tips for youth baseball players hoping to get into a D1 program?

Brendon:  I would like to tell younger kids who have a desire to play college baseball, not only at the D1 level but all levels, to always work hard on the field, in the class room, and in the weight room. Once you do that and the season comes around have fun and play your game. There's always a place for you to play, you just have to find that right fit.

BAW:   Can you tell me the toughest Wisconsin hitter and pitcher you have faced so far?

Brendon:  The toughest hitter I have faced so far is hands down Joe Sturino from Waterford. He knows how to fight pitches off and take advantage of any mistakes you give him. As for the toughest pitcher that would be Sam Mahar of Tremper. He's not only a crafty lefty but he can bring the heat at will.

BAW:  Why did you choose Virginia Tech?

Brendon:  I chose Virginia Tech because it is a great academic school with a beautiful campus, and the coaches, facilities, and atmosphere  will help me succeed as a student and athlete.

Thanks Brendon for taking the time to do this interview with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment